Mangano Announces Informational Meetings on the Nassau County Economic Development & Job Creation Plan
Opportunity for Residents to Learn More About Economic Benefits of Proposed Sports-Entertainment Destination Center
Mineola, NY – Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano today announced the dates, times and locations of the upcoming public information meetings on the Economic Development and Job Creation Plan for the area known as Nassau County’s “Hub”. Public meetings will focus on the economic development plans and economic benefits associated with creating a state-of-the-art sports-entertainment destination center in Nassau County.
“In order for residents to make an informed decision, I am committed to making sure all information is available to answer any questions the community may have. I have made certain that the voices of our residents will be heard at a public referendum to be held on August 1st,” said County Executive Mangano.
Nassau County will host a series of public information meetings to be held from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (unless specified otherwise) on the following days:
- Wednesday, June 29th at the East Meadow Library, located at 1886 Front Street, East Meadow (Town of Hempstead). From 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Thursday, June 30th at the William P. Bennett Hicksville Community Center, located at 28 West Carl Street, Hicksville (Town of Oyster Bay).
- Friday, July 1st at the American Legion Hall, located at 730 Willis Avenue, Williston Park (Town of North Hempstead).
- Monday, July 11th at the Jones Manor on the Sound Adult Home, located at 59 Bayville Avenue, Bayville (Town of Oyster Bay).
- Tuesday, July 12th at Long Beach City Hall (6th floor), located at 1 West Chester Street, Long Beach (City of Long Beach).
- Tuesday, July 12th at East Meadow High School, located at 101 Carmen Avenue, East Meadow (Town of Hempstead). From 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. only.
- Wednesday, July 13th at Glen Cove City Hall (in the main chambers), located at 9 Glen Street, Glen Cove (City of Glen Cove).
- Friday, July 15th at the Theodore Roosevelt Executive & Legislative Building (in the rotunda), located at 1550 Franklin Ave, Mineola (Town of Hempstead).