Two in the books…and the action has really picked up here at the classic. Some thoughts as we get ready for what should be a wild 3rd period.
- It’s always special to score your first NHL goal, how about scoring your first in the Winter Classic. Congrats to Brayden Schenn for that and he owes Matt Carle a cheesesteak for a tremendous pass that set it up.
- Claude Giroux is having an all world type of season, and for the NHL fans who do not see him often you saw why he’s dominating the league this year. What a goal, as good as Lundqvist has been today he has ZERO chance of stopping Giroux on that one.
- The Flyers really dominated play for a good 6 minute stretch in the 2nd, I was kinda surprised coach Torts did not call a timeout. Turns out he know more than me because…
- Mike Rupp changed the momentum of the entire game, and got under the skin of every Flyer fan in the stands. Rupp has missed a lot of time this year but his 2nd goal of the year was a huge one with the Rangers clearly reeling. It helps that Andrej Meszaros did not allow Bobrovsky to see the puck, but it’s a goal none the less. And how about the Jagr salute!! Mike Rupp just became really hated in this city.
- Rangers seem to of woke up in the later stages of the 2nd, if they keep up the pressure and actually test Bobo, they can win this thing
- NBC has gotten its wish…as I head back outside for the 3rd, the snow is falling
Keep it at @MikeCarverHTW during the 3rd and I’ll see you in the postgame
Hockey This Week